In any food processing facility, safety and sanitation are key. In order to create the best quality product, your facility needs to be spotless. It also needs to be cleaned using solutions without any harmful chemicals. In many cases, the industry even regulates how many hours must be spent cleaning the space and equipment. Satisfying these standards is difficult and time consuming without the right methods.
Dry ice blasting has become a very popular cleaning method in the food processing industry. It is quick, cost effective, safe, and more environmentally responsible than other cleaning alternatives.
What is Dry Ice Blasting?
A dry ice blasting machine uses dry ice pellets that vaporize on impact with a surface. The thermal shock completely separates even the most stubborn contaminants from the surface being cleaned. After blasting, a simple wipe will have the surface totally clean without any difficult clean up process. Because the dry ice is soft and vaporizes, it is the only blasting media that won’t leave behind abrasives.
Why Dry Ice for Food Processing?
Our clients in the industry have found dry ice a major bonus in many ways. It can remove any substance that is carbohydrate-based, fat-based, or protein-based, in addition to killing mold and bacteria. Some of the biggest benefits include the following:
- Dry ice can safely be used on hot surfaces like stoves or grills.
- The FDA has approved dry ice blasting as a cleaning method.
- Dry ice blasting is much faster and more efficient than relying on employees to clean.
- There is no need to develop a dirty water disposal process, as this method doesn’t use water.
- Without water waste or chemicals, dry ice blasting is environmentally friendly.
To learn more about dry ice blasting, visit our machine rental page.