Looking for an easy way to waterproof areas underneath your tile project? Check out CIM Industries tutorial for a seamless waterproofing barrier that will keep tiles fresh, in-place and mildew free.
How to Waterproof Under the Tile with CIM Products
- Begin by removing all existing water soaked, mold and mildew materials.
- Begin by applying new substrate that is suitable for tiled walls and floors.
- When it’s complete, remove dust and all other surface contaminants that will prevent the waterproofing membrane from bonding properly. All surfaces should be dry and structurally sound.
- Detail all seams, transitions, plumbing contusions and the drain with a fiber glass mesh.
How to Apply the Waterproofing System:
- Begin with an epoxy tolerant moisture primer. Mix the primers resident hardener together for 3 minutes and apply at a thickness of 10-15 mils.
- To apply CIM’s waterproofing membrane, mix the pre-mix and the activator together for 3 minutes and apply at a minimum thickness of 60 mils.
- While working within the recount window, apply another thin top coat of 10-15 mils of membrane. Broadcast with a boiler slag, like Black Beauty.
- After 24 hours, remove all residual Black Beauty, and begin setting the new tiles.
Get a Quote on CIM Coatings
Sandblast Solutions Inc. distributes a variety of CIM coating products for industrial jobs. CIM coatings are the perfect solution for projects that suffer from structural decay, foundational issues as well as pest and mold infestations. CIM materials offer a waterproof membrane that is chemical resistant and reliable for a variety of applications, including:
- Constant Immersion
- Chemical Contaminant
- Cooling Towers
- Portable Water
To get a quote on CIM products call (844) 516-2166 or contact us.